Get High, Get Deep, Get After It on Chicago Ridge
A hallmark of your Ski Cooper visit will be taking on some of Colorado’s best snowcat skiing adventures. Just join us on one of our famous Chicago Ridge Snowcat Tours. Get in on the snow cat experience and adventure which will likely get you coming back again. Check out some beautiful mountain scenery and join in on some backcountry powder skiing or snowboarding excitement.
Chicago Ridge Snowcat Tours operates on 2,640 acres of terrain on the San Isabel and White River National Forests. The ridge will see upwards of 300″ of snowfall each year. We’ll take you as high as 12,600 feet in elevation atop the Continental Divide. The slopes vary from 3,000 to 10,000 feet in length with vertical drops up to 2,000 feet per run.
- This is epic backcountry snow – which presents a unique and memorable experience not found within the usual public ski area runs. Cat skiing is perfect for skiers confident in skiing varied conditions, from deep powder to open bowls, steeps, and treed glades, while negotiating varied ski conditions.
- Chicago Ridge backcountry guest’s average 10 – 12 runs a day, depending on the strength and endurance level of the group and their preferences. Runs average around 1,500 vertical feet of descent. Plan your own route or ski in line with others – choose your adventure.
- Chicago Ridge guests accesses all of the terrain by snowcat. Ski Cooper’s Snowcat equipment carries one operator, two experienced catting guides, and up to 12 guests per trip. The Snow-cat coaches are plush, heated, and include a CD stereo system if guests would like to bring their own music.
- No need to get back to the Lodge for lunch. The Chicago Ridge guides serve a “gourmet” lunch in our heated backcountry yurt. Après ski at the Lodge is also a tradition after a great day on the “Ridge.”
- All guests will be equipped with ORTOVOX avalanche transceivers, and will receive basic training on their use. Guests may bring personal avalanche gear provided that the guides test it and feel comfortable with its use.
Ski Cooper has several high performance Backcountry Powder Skis available at our Rental Shop to maximize your experience.
Weather permitting, Mid December 2013 – Early April, 2014
ALL DAY – 9:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
(Includes a Lunch and & Après Ski at the Lodge)
12 spots available each day.
Group Rate: $3000 per buy out of all 12 seats in the cat
Advanced snowcat reservations are REQUIRED. Reserve your spot online or call (719) 486-2277 or (800) 707-6114 Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 3:30 pm MST on or after November 5, 2013.
Young people under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and have the skill level to handle the backcountry terrain. A 100% deposit is required at the time reservations are made.
Reservations may be made with major credit card, travelers checks or cash.
If Chicago Ridge Snowcat tours cancels a tour due to weather or snow conditions, or the minimum requirement of 6 guests for a tour is not met, Ski Cooper will provide a 100% refund or reschedule your tour. Should there be a cancellation within your party, we require 21 days notice in order for you to receive a refund.
- Gene, We had such a wonderful time skiing with you this weekend! It was a perfect trip for the kids first cat skiing experience. My son Ryan can't stop talking about it. I'm so proud of how they handled the snow. Ryan skied all 10 runs! I kept asking him if he wanted to take a run off and ride in the cat, and he said, "I did not come snow cat skiing to ride in the cat. I'm going to ski every run!" We can't wait to come back! We are planning another trip this year for the adults and older kids, and we will definitely bring the younger kids back next year! Don't want to spoil them too much!! Thanks again! You guys are great! Phill Falender~