Conditions Governing Season Pass Purchases and Use:
1. Season passes have no date restrictions. They must be presented to and scanned by the lift operator each time you ski.
2. Each pass holder must sign (or have his/her parent/legal guardian sign) the Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk each season.
3. New pictures must be taken in person at the Guest Services Desk in the lower level of the lodge.
4. Skiers and Riders are responsible for knowing the Skier Responsibility Code and the Colorado Skier Safety Act: a. Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects. b. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them. c. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above. d. Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others. e. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment. f. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas. g. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
5. Season pass is non-transferable and may be used only by the person designated on the pass.
6. Failure to comply with the above conditions, or misuse of pass, could result in the revocation of season pass privileges.
7. Report any lost season passes to the ticket office immediately. There is a $10 re-issue fee.
8. Ski Cooper Season Passes are non-refundable unless all of the following conditions are met:
>>>>For medical reasons accompanied by a written notice signed by a physician
>>>>The pass has not been issued. Once a pass is issued, no refunds (even partial refunds) will be given.