Looking for an awesome job with great recreational benefits? Always dreamed of living, playing, and working at a ski resort? Then check out job opportunities at Ski Cooper! Our open positions are listed below. There may also be seasonal openings from time to time for Lift Operators, Rental Shop Technicians, Race Crew, Ski Patrol, Chicago Ridge Guides, Parking Lot Attendants, Daycare, Ski School, and Food Service. Online applications can be filled out for the open positions below. Or, download the PDF application here. You may also pick up an application at the Base Lodge. Office hours are Mon. through Fri. 8 AM to 4:30 PM. Contact by phone 719-486-3684, or e-mail Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can review the current job openings below, and then:
Current Job Openings
|JOB TITLE:||Vehicle Mechanic|
Position Type: FT-YR
Vehicle mechanics maintain and repair snowcats, snowmobiles, trucks, and heavy equipment to ensure reliable operation of all vehicles which support the ski resort operation. Cooper’s fleet presently consists of 5 Prinoth/Bombardier Snowcats, 10 snowmobiles, 4 over-the-road vehicles, 2 ATVs, 1 front-end loader, 1 grader, 1 backhoe, and 1 bucket truck.
- Schedule and perform preventative maintenance on all Cooper vehicles
- Troubleshoot and repair all reported vehicle problems
- Perform emergency on-hill snowcat repair and recovery when necessary
- Develop and maintain maintenance records for all vehicles
- Operate heavy equipment as necessary to assist with plowing and other tasks
- Organize and maintain maintenance shop in conjunction with Lift Maintenance department
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ski resort vehicles may fail at inopportune hours. Candidates must be willing to be on-call during the season for emergency repairs, even in the middle of the night.
|EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE|
- Aptitudes in diesel engines, hydraulic systems, and electrical systems required
- Strong troubleshooting and organizational skills required
- Must be able to work efficiently with minimal supervision, often working solo
- Applicants must be 18+ with a current and valid Colorado Driver’s License, and must be capable of lifting up to 80lbs
- MUST HAVE OWN TRANSPORTATION
- Some equipment operations experience preferred
- Ski resort positions involve outdoor work in a cold, wet, snowy, and possibly icy alpine environment around high-horsepower heavy equipment. Candidates must be comfortable with these conditions.
VP Mountain Operations
Paid Pro Patrollers are OEC or EMT certified, and provide first-responder care to injured or ill guests. Pro patrollers also provide excellent guest service by answering questions and helping guests.
Rental Shop Staff
Cooper is seeking staff to assist our guests and provide excellent service in the rental shop. This includes techs, bootfitters, POS representatives.
Seeking smiling faces to sell lift tickets and other resort products to our guests.
Cooper’s renowned Ski School is hiring ski and snowboard instructors for the ’14/15 season.
Parking Lot Attendants control flow in Cooper’s parking lot, and guide guests into appropriate parking stalls.
Spend your day on the snow! Lift operators and attendants assist our guests in approaching, loading, and unloading our ski lifts.
Race Crew staff assists the Director of Race Programs carrying out all of the prep and operational tasks necessary to put on races and race training.
Chicago Ridge staff members are guides or snowcat operators who deliver a top-notch snowcat skiing experience to our guests.
Daycare attendants provide excellent care to young children.