We know, we know… you’ve heard that Cooper’s just a family destination. And there’s no doubt that Cooper is Colorado’s most family-friendly area. But we’re so much more than just a family mountain. Cooper has everything you need to get away for a day or two, and enjoy some amazing solo runs, or catch a break from the daily grind with a few friends. Here’s why:
- Avoid the Crowds – Even mid-week, you’ll find yourself standing in lift lines at the “big-name” resorts. If you’re like us, you’d rather ski right onto the chair, and guarantee that your group can ride together all day. At Cooper, that’s a given. Mid-week, you’ll ski right onto the chair, and spend your time on the snow instead of standing around. Even on the weekends, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a lift line longer than 3 minutes! So give us a shot, and find out that it’s possible to spend a day on the slopes without having to wait for any lines!
- Keep it Chill – If you’re looking for a break in the action, you’re not going to find it at the mega resorts. But at Cooper, you can truly get away. From our staff to our locals, and everything in between, Cooper is laid-back. This makes it the perfect getaway from the bustle of city living and the frustrations of work. At Cooper, it’s just you, the snow, & the mountains!
- Find Fresh Lines – If you’re into fresh lines and untracked powder, Cooper has it. In fact, you’ll still find freshies a week after a storm here! I dare you to find that at Vail or Breck…
- You Can Afford It – Want to take a “powder fever sick day” on a whim, but you don’t have a season pass? Instead of spending $150+ for a window-rate ticket at the big areas, how about $52 at Cooper? Or better yet… visit on a Tuesday (through 2/28) and get two lift tickets for $52. Or, come by on a Thursday and get a $30 lift ticket, followed by live apres-ski jams.
- Katie O’Rourke’s Irish Pub – After you’ve had enough of the untracked pow or perfect groomers, head into Katie O’Rourke’s and enjoy the Irish Pub atmosphere, with local micros on tap (and, of course, PBR!). The full pub menu offers affordable Irish-themed meals to recharge. Happy Hour specials run from 3-5pm, and include $4 micros and $3 domestics. Our growing top-shelf includes legendary drams like Lagavulin 16yr Single Malt Scotch, and Breckenridge Bourbon. Kick back, enjoy a couple drinks, grab a bite, watch the game, and listen to live tunes every Thursday and Saturday.